Clear, printable PDF Instant download
Covers: Mitsubishi 4DR5, 6DR5 INDUSTRIAL Diesel Engine Service, Repair, Overhaul with engine numbers-
- 4DR5 – 744591 and up
- 6DR5 – 131569 and up
Note: 1983 publication
This shop manual contains the specification, construction, operation, adjustment and service procedures for mechanics engaged in servicing of the Mitsubishi 4DR5, 6DR5 industrial diesel engines.
The following is a list of topics contained in the 4DR5, 6DR5 Repair Shop Manual (Industrial)
- General General description, outside view photograph and cross sectional view of engine, specifications, construction and operation
- Service standards Adjustment standard table, service standard table, tightening torque table, sealant and grease table
- Special tools
- Determining time Determination of time to overhaul, measurement of to overhaul compression pressure, troubleshooting
- Engine adjustment and break-in operation
- Removal and installation of auxiliaries – Removal and installation of auxiliaries such as injection pump, starter and alternator
- Engine proper Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of engine proper, including cylinder head, valve mechanism, camshaft, piston, crankshaft, timing gear, flywheel, etc.
- Inlet and exhaust Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of inlet and exhaust system, including inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, air cleaner, etc.
- Lubrication Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of lubrication system, including oil pump, oil filter, etc.
- Cooling Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of cooling system, including water pump, thermostat, etc.
- Fuel Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of fuel system, including injection pump, injection nozzle, fuel filter, etc.
- Electrical Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of electrical system, including starter, alternator, vacuum pump, glow plug, etc.
- Other equipment Inspection of automatic stop device
- Clutch and Disassembly, inspection and reassembly of clutch, transmission transmission, bearing case, etc.