High definition, bookmarked, searchable, printable PDF Instant download
Covers: Detroit EPA07 DDEC VI Electronic Controls Application and Installation
Format: PDF (zipped)
Compatibility: Windows/Mac computers
DDECVI offers engine controls and an extensive range of engine and vehicle options. The detail provided will facilitate the following:
• The selection of features and settings, based on individual applications
• The fabrication and installation of a vehicle interface harness, based on individual applications
• The communication of messages and data between sensors and various electronic control modules within the installation
• The use of industry standard tools to obtain engine data and diagnostic information, as well as to reprogram key parameters
The manual is arranged as follows:
• The initial portion covers the installation, beginning with an overview and safety precautions, followed by hardware and wiring requirements, inputs and outputs, and available features.
• The second portion covers communication protocol.
• The third portion covers the tools capable of obtaining engine data and diagnostic information from the MCM and the CPC, as well as reprogramming of its key parameters.
• The final portion, the appendix, summarizes detailed information on codes and kit availability.
This manual does not cover the installation of the engine itself into various applications. For this, the reader should refer to the specific engine application and installation manual. This manual is intended for those with an electrical background. A simple installation may require a basic understanding of electrical circuits while a more comprehensive electrical/electronics background is required to access all the capability of the DDECVI.